For Sun Outage Calculations please go the following link and perform the 4 steps below:
1. Enter your satellite position
2. Enter your equipment specifications
3. Insert your address and select Get Location from address button or select the Auto Geolocation button
4. View the result at the bottom of the page and if needed print the calculation
For other calcutations view the suggested tools below:
Calculating Azimuth and True Elevation
Communication satellites move in a fixed orbit in the sky directly above the equator, relative to an observation point on earth. In order to communicate with a satellite, your antenna must be able to "see" the location in the sky above the equator in which the satellite is located. The situation of an unobstructed view between the satellite and the antenna is known as "having a line-of-sight" to the satellite. It is important to conduct an accurate site survey to determine the optimal location for the VSAT.
If you are not experienced in performing the site survey yourself, you should hire a Certified SkyVision Installer. Contact your SkyVision Sales Manager for assistance.
You can calculate your Azimuth and True Elevation online. Choose one of the following 3 links:
- Satellite Finder / Dish Pointing Calculator with Google Maps
- Calculator for Azimuth and Elevation Angle
Additional online calculations can be conducted for the following needs:
To determine the elevation of an obstacle
To convert RF to L-Band frequencies use the IF Frequency Calculator
To determine the time of a satellite eclipse